Having a missing tooth can leave you feeling low in confidence as well as cause heath complications if left untreated for too long. Dental implants are the most effective way of replacing a missing tooth and are a fixed and permanent solution. Here are a few other reasons to choose titanium dental implants to restore your smile….
1. They’re the most natural-looking solution to replacing a missing tooth. Implants mimic the way that your natural tooth roots secure your teeth to your gumline and the restoration placed on top is designed to look like your other teeth. You’ll have the chance to speak to your dentist here at Shields about what colour you would like your restoration to be so that it does not stand out.
2. They feel like natural teeth. Dental implants are not like crowns, dentures and bridges. Dental implants actually replace your tooth root and fuse with your bone, making them become a non-synthetic part of you! Scenarios where people reject dental implants are extremely unlikely, and we will always make a thorough assessment of your medical history and dental implants before proceeding.
3. Dental implants will make you feel more confident. Implants are a fixed treatment, so you don’t need to worry about potentially embarrassing scenarios where they might fall out or where it might be visible that you have had treatment. Kiss, chew and smile with confidence.
4. Maintain implants like you would your natural teeth. There is no need to treat your new tooth/teeth any differently to your existing teeth. You can brush and floss normally and you don’t have to worry about taking them out during the night! Apply a healthy dental hygiene routine and your implants will have a long lifetime.
5. Dental implants can protect against bone loss. Bone is a living tissue and needs continued stimulation to stay healthy and this comes from teeth. With this in mind, when you lose a tooth, the bone will disappear which will cause your facial muscles to sag and render your teeth more vulnerable. Dental implants will give strengthen your jaw bone and maintain the your facial structure (missing teeth cause your facial muscles to droop).
6. No effect on adjacent teeth. Unlike other methods of replacing missing teeth, the dental implants process will not affect or stress your other teeth.
7. Restore a single tooth or multiple teeth with dental implants. Single or multiple tooth treatment can be carried out here at Shields and a single implant can support more than one replacement tooth. Full mouth treatment is also possible for patients who have lost all of their natural teeth
You can read more about the dental implants process here.
If you would like more information about dental implants here at Shields, please do not hesitate to contact us.