in less time than you’d ever imagined.
There is a quicker way to the confidence of a new smile.
Focusing on your front teeth, Six Month Smiles is a cosmetic solution for straightening your smile in rapid time. Using clear braces in tooth-coloured wires, people will barely notice you’re even wearing braces. And because it’s all so quick, you’ll barely notice the time flying by.
Six Month Smiles are less fuss as they use less overall force than traditional fixed braces. And because you need less treatment time, you’ll save money too.
Would you like to know more about Six Month Smiles?
Have a question about a treatment, want to know how you can spread the cost of treatment, need to book an appointment or would just like more information? Our treatment coordinators are available for free consultations in person at one of our conveniently located practices.
Straight teeth in 6 months? How?
Six Month Smiles clear braces are safe, comfortable and provide quick results. While the average case is completed in six months, short term orthodontic treatment times are generally between 4 and 9 months. In addition, the two main reasons for these short treatment times are:
- The short term goals are not exactly the same as those associated with conventional orthodontics. The goal of most Six Month Smiles cases is to give the patient a great new smile and to accomplish most, but not all, of what would be done with traditional orthodontic treatments. Your orthodontic dentist will advise on the recommended treatment for your particular case.
- Six Month Smiles Brackets and Wires are unique in that they are specific for short term orthodontic treatment goals. The brackets and wires are engineered with a specific prescription and have short term orthodontic unique properties.
What makes Six Month Smiles unique?
Six Month Smiles brackets and wires have been created to specifically address the unique treatment objectives of short-term orthodontics. In addition, the shorter treatment time requires proprietary, patented designs. The unique shape memory wires work with the pre-positioned brackets to brackets to allow for the desired results to be achieved easily. Also, the uniquely clear brackets blend seamlessly with the surrounding tooth structure and our patients love that!
What is the Six Month Smiles procedure?
The process is simple…
- Firstly, you need to speak with your dentist to ensure that Six Month Smiles is the appropriate solution for your particular case.
- Once it’s determined that Six Month Smiles is the most suitable treatment for you, moulds of your teeth are taken and sent to the Six Month Smiles laboratory. Here, specially trained bracket specialists make trays with your braces positioned perfectly for you.
- Thus, fitting your new braces in the dental clinic is quick and comfortable.
- After fitting, you’ll visit your dentist periodically for brace adjustment.
Are retainers required?
Yes, as with all orthodontic treatment, a retainer is necessary to maintain the new, straight position of your teeth. But don’t worry, there are a variety of retainer options you can choose from depending on your personal preference and situation.
Does everyone really finish in 6 months?
Six Months is the average treatment time. Most patients finish around six Months, but treatment times may range from 4-9 months.
Is there a catch?
There’s no catch! If you are an adult patient with crooked, spaced, or misaligned teeth, then this could be a fantastic option for you. So make an appointment with us today and check if you are a candidate.
What is the cost of Six Month Smiles?
You can see a full list of our orthodontics prices here.
Behind every smile there's a story.
The whole team at Shields Dental Clinics take pride in providing great care to ensure that your visit is as relaxing as it can be. We want you to feel at home in our warm and friendly clinics. We offer an unrivalled end-to end service; our team will care for you from the moment we first hear your voice, until your final review.
Here some of our patients tell you about their experience and how happy they are with their smile transformations.
From the regular check-up to the specialist and advanced treatments that are needed throughout life, we always use state-of-the-art equipment and latest recommended techniques.
Find out what makes us different.
You don’t have to go to Beverly Hills to look good, you can go local. In convenient locations in Limerick, Castletroy, Roscrea and Blackrock Dublin. Comfortable but advanced, friendly but professional. Click on your preferred location in the menu or use the arrows to discover more.
smile you have
Use our FREE consultation service to speak to one of our Treatment Coordinators, who give you information about how we can help, without any financial commitment.
Most importantly it helps to build your confidence in starting your journey with Shields to the smile you have always wanted.
We’ll discuss with you what you would like to achieve with your dental health and the appearance of your smile, answer any questions and listen to any problems you may have had with your teeth in the past.